How to get values back from new window opened using window.open()

Manjit

Hi Everyone,
Can you help me with getting values returned from a new window opened
using window.open(). I am currently using a modalDialog to return me
the values but it doesn't work in Netscape. I am trying to make it
work the same way but can't.

Problem Definition:
I have this form to fill up with some account numbers. So I am giving
user to click a button that opens new window where they can do Search
for it. When searched user has the option of clicking from the list of
Account Numbers and I want to return the values to the Main window.
I am able to open the new window but the new window has to act like
modal Dialog so that user can interact with and then return the
selection values back to main page. When the user selects something
the new window has to refresh the Main window so that user can see the
fields those recieved the values.

Hope you can understand what I am trying to do.
Code that is current but used for ModalDialog:
calling in javascript:
--------
var sFACode = searchBox(sURL,"");
--------
function searchBox(sURL, sOptions)
dim vResult
if sOptions = "" then
vResult = showModalDialog(sURL, "",
"resizable:yes;center:yes;dialogHeight:600px;dialogWidth:500px")
else
vResult = showModalDialog(sURL, "", sOptions)
end if
searchBox = vResult
end function

sub closeOK(vValue)