How to get VS IDE to recognize .shtml docs as html

Kenneth Baltrinic

I am working on a static web site that uses server side includes. Thus the
files have the .shtml extention. The IDE does not recoginzis this extention
as being html and uses the generic text editor. I want it to use the html
editor. How do I get this to happen? I have already modified the registry
for .shtml files so that the system knows they are html/text. I just
duplicated the entry for the .html extension. This did not help the IDE
though.

Any suggestions?

--Ken

Peter Provost

Right-click in the Solution Explorer and choose "Open With...". From the
Open With dialog, choose "HTML/XML Editor" and click the "Set as Default"
button.

Works for me.

Kenneth Baltrinic

Peter,

That almost worked. Now it opens them up as generic XML documents, which is
somewhat problematic
in that HTML is not valid XML. Also I don't get any of the auto-complete
help, etc.

Anyone else have a more complete solution?

--Ken