    maybe with OpenOffice?

    Thanks
    Sven
    Sven Suska, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Sven Suska

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 07:10 +0900, Sven Suska wrote:
    > I am very happy that the win32ole library makes it very
    > easy to control an Excel application from Ruby.
    > Is there a way to do this with a spreadsheet in linux,
    > maybe with OpenOffice?

    This is a good idea... doesn't OpenOffice work off some sort of
    CORBA-ish component framework thingy? There's a page on Python-Open
    Office integration here:

    http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html

    Same sort of thing seems doable for Ruby, but I don't know if anyone has
    tried yet...

    Yours,

    Tom
    Tom Copeland, Jul 1, 2005