How to get wireless signal strength?

happymeteor

Hi, everyone!

I've tried to make a program which can get the wireless signal strength
of wireless NIC(ex. 802.11b network card).

As I know, regardless of whatever vender's NIC is used, in the property
window of wireless network card, we can see the wireless signal
strength state. (antenna 0-5)

How can I get this information?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

IL MO JUNG.

red floyd

happymeteor said:
Hi, everyone!

I've tried to make a program which can get the wireless signal strength
of wireless NIC(ex. 802.11b network card).

As I know, regardless of whatever vender's NIC is used, in the property
window of wireless network card, we can see the wireless signal
strength state. (antenna 0-5)

How can I get this information?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

IL MO JUNG.

And your C++ question is? Try asking in a newsgroup appropriate to your
OS. C++ has no concept of "property windows" or "wireless NIC".

davidrubin

I don't think you can get the wireless signal strength with a program.
Try a bigger antenna. /david