How to GetOleDbSchemaTable with MSIDXS OLE DB provider ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by cosmos, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. cosmos

    cosmos Guest

    Hello,

    I am using Microsoft Indexing Server, and it seems that ADO.NET OLEDB
    Connection object doesn't support the GetOleDbSchemaTable method with MSIDXS
    OLE DB provider.

    I get the following errors:

    IDBSchemaRowset interface is not supported by the 'MSIDXS' provider. is
    unavailable with the current provider.

    Could somebody help me to resolve this problem ?

    The C# source code is following:

    <%@ page language="c#" Debug="true" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data.OleDb" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data" %>
    <%

    OleDbConnection odbSearch = new OleDbConnection();

    OleDbCommand cmdSearch = new OleDbCommand();

    odbSearch.ConnectionString = "Provider=\"MSIDXS\";Data
    Source=\"localhost\";";

    cmdSearch.Connection = odbSearch;

    odbSearch.Open();

    DataTable schemaTable =
    odbSearch.GetOleDbSchemaTable(OleDbSchemaGuid.Tables, new object[] {null,
    null, null, "TABLE"} );

    odbSearch.Close();

    %>
    cosmos, Oct 23, 2003