how to give ASP permission to write to local hard drive?

Laszlo Szijarto

I've tried granting the ASPNET user "Full Control" permissions on
C:\[Directory]\ and have given the [code behind] assembly I'm running
"Medium Trust" on the local machine. Yet I still bomb out when I try to
write to a text file using a StreamWriter to C:\[Directory]\test.txt. Any
ideas? Yes, I set the FileMode and FileAccess properly.

Thank you in advance,
Laszlo

Michael Earls

Are you using Windows authentication?
Also, if you are using Windows Server 2003, make sure that "Network Service"
has read/write privilege as well.