    Hi:
    Is it possible to grab recordset even after SQL throws error, but also
    returns data?

    Roger, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Can you show an example? Is it an error, or a warning message?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 18, 2004

  3. Roger

    Roger Guest

    Here's the deal, when I run the stored procedure in query analyzer, it
    returns results, but also returns errors returned from a nested stored
    procedure. When I call my stored procedure from ASP, I want to display the
    resultset and email the error message. Is this possible?

    Roger

    Roger, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Roger wrote:
    > Here's the deal, when I run the stored procedure in query analyzer, it
    > returns results, but also returns errors returned from a nested stored
    > procedure.

    What do you mean by "returns errors"? Do you have code in your stored
    procdedure to return these messages via output parameters or something? Or
    are you referring to the errors displayed by QA?

    > When I call my stored procedure from ASP, I want to
    > display the resultset and email the error message. Is this possible?

    Yes. You'll need to clarify what you are talking about before we can get
    specific.

    Have you tried looking into the connection object's Errors collection?

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"