How to handle Access stored query with parameter in ASP page

Jack

Hi,
I am working on a asp page where I am opening a recordset object using
an Access stored query named "GMISExpenseCombo". I have to use
this resultset with various fields in the page. Howeve,r this query consists
of
1000 unique records. The way this query is used in a different Access
application is
using its parameter to pull a distinct record. In ASP, is there any way to
use a Access parameter query to extract record of choice? Or, do I have to
take recourse to dynamic sql for this? Any link to article, concept, advise
is very helpful. Thanks in advance. Regards:

CODE:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<!-- #include file="adovbs.inc" -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0">
<TITLE> This is the new approach to GWIS application</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P> </P>
<%
myDSN="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; "
myDSN=myDSN & "DBQ=C:\_______GWISNEWCON\GMISDATA.mdb"

set CN=server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
CN.Open myDSN
set RS=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")
RS.ActiveConnection = CN

RS.Open "GMISExpenseCombo"

%>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jack said:
Hi,
I am working on a asp page where I am opening a recordset object using
an Access stored query named "GMISExpenseCombo". I have to use
this resultset with various fields in the page. Howeve,r this query
consists of
1000 unique records. The way this query is used in a different Access
application is
using its parameter to pull a distinct record. In ASP, is there any
way to use a Access parameter query to extract record of choice? Or,
do I have to take recourse to dynamic sql for this? Any link to
article, concept, advise is very helpful. Thanks in advance. Regards:
Avoid dynamic sql here are a few posts I've made on this subject:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...=1&[email protected]

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...=1&[email protected]

http://www.google.com/[email protected]&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&[email protected]