how to handle application/octetstream html document in netscape

balakrishnan.dinesh

hi friends,
Im using netscape browser ,in my html page, there are many
links are there to many pages, For some links its going well, but for
some pages its showing a dialog box like
" The 'filename.htm' of type application/octet-stream (html
document),and netscape does not know how to handle it "

So please tell me , what i have to do for opening the those same pages
in the netscape browser itself.

-Is there anything to be change in the browser setting or anything to
be done in those html pages

Thank U
Dinesh

Julian Turner

hi friends,
Im using netscape browser ,in my html page, there are many
links are there to many pages, For some links its going well, but for
some pages its showing a dialog box like
" The 'filename.htm' of type application/octet-stream (html
document),and netscape does not know how to handle it "

So please tell me , what i have to do for opening the those same pages
in the netscape browser itself.

-Is there anything to be change in the browser setting or anything to
be done in those html pages

Thank U
Dinesh

As an amateur, all I know is that "application/octet-stream" usually
signifies a binary file. As far as I am aware, HTML pages are not
themselves a binary format, so my guesses are:-

(a) the file named "filename.htm" is really a binary file wrongly
named,
(b) the file is a normal html file, but you have the Content-Type
wrongly set. See: <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/charset.html>.

Regards

Julian Turner