    Thank U
    Dinesh

    , May 30, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > hi friends,
    > Im using netscape browser ,in my html page, there are many
    > links are there to many pages, For some links its going well, but for
    > some pages its showing a dialog box like
    > " The 'filename.htm' of type application/octet-stream (html
    > document),and netscape does not know how to handle it "
    >
    > So please tell me , what i have to do for opening the those same pages
    > in the netscape browser itself.
    >
    > -Is there anything to be change in the browser setting or anything to
    > be done in those html pages
    >
    > Thank U
    > Dinesh

    As an amateur, all I know is that "application/octet-stream" usually
    signifies a binary file. As far as I am aware, HTML pages are not
    themselves a binary format, so my guesses are:-

    (a) the file named "filename.htm" is really a binary file wrongly
    named,
    (b) the file is a normal html file, but you have the Content-Type
    wrongly set. See: <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/charset.html>.

    Regards

    Julian Turner

    Julian Turner, May 30, 2006