    the AJAX page, can anybody help me solve this issue, I've read that this is
    the expected behavior of AJAX but have not been able to find a solution.

    Best Regards
    verci, Mar 27, 2007

  2. verci

    Masudur Guest

    On Mar 27, 11:38 am, "verci" <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I'm running VS2005, AP.net 2.0, Windows XP SP2
    >
    > Ok this maybe a dumb question but here it goes, as a newbie I've just
    > finished my first AJAX enable page, everything works great but, until I
    > press the back and forward buttons in my browser then the AJAX magic is lost
    > alongside with all the data in my AJAX controls when I tried to get back to
    > the AJAX page, can anybody help me solve this issue, I've read that this is
    > the expected behavior of AJAX but have not been able to find a solution.
    >
    > Best Regards

    Hi....

    We have discussed about this issue before ...
    Please check out this Issue

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...52740/9a598f3abd04d1f6?hl=en#9a598f3abd04d1f6

    Thanks...

    Thanks...
    Masudur
    http://www.kaz.com.bd
    http://munnacs.blogspot.com
    Masudur, Mar 27, 2007

  3. verci

    bruce barker Guest

    you can use the google approach. they run the site in an iframe, which
    javascript monitors (their history widget). they support history tokens,
    and nav forward/back via the iframe.

    note: while css purists hate frames/iframe, ajax sites use them a lot.
    you can run async javascript threads via iframes, and maintain client
    state between page flips.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 27, 2007