HOW TO HANDLE CONTROL_LOGOFF_EVENT handler

Discussion in 'C++' started by Zafar, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Zafar

    Zafar Guest

    Hi All,

    One of my services is killed when i log off from my Win XP/2000
    machine, i.e., it is removed from the list of running processes in the
    Task Manager . It needs to be restarted manually again after a login.

    I did some investigation and found that this was due to the
    "CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT" passed by the
    JVM(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/java.html). It
    further said to use the -Xrs option to ignore such events.

    Can someone please tell me how to use this option correctly? Its really
    urgent, and I am currently at my wits end,so any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks In advance,
    Zafar

    Zafar, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Zafar wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > One of my services is killed when i log off from my Win XP/2000
    > machine, i.e., it is removed from the list of running processes in the
    > Task Manager . It needs to be restarted manually again after a login.
    >
    > I did some investigation and found that this was due to the
    > "CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT" passed by the
    > JVM(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/java.html). It
    > further said to use the -Xrs option to ignore such events.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to use this option correctly? Its really
    > urgent, and I am currently at my wits end,so any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Tell us Jafar, are you using your glasses? How did you confuse a C++
    newsgroup for a Java one?

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys