how to handle error in this

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mr. SweatyFinger, Mar 11, 2007.

  1. How do i make this a "pretty" error?
    at what point in the process to I catch it?
    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: The process cannot access the file
    'd:\hosting\xxx\controls\adReview.ascx' because it is being used by another
    process.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/snowList.master"
    AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="adsReview.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="posting_adReview" title="Untitled Page" %>
    Line 2:
    Line 3: <%@ Register Src="../controls/adReview.ascx" TagName="adsReview"
    TagPrefix="uc1" %>
    Line 4: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="header"
    Runat="Server">
    Line 5: <uc1:adReview id="AdReview1" runat="server">

    Mr. SweatyFinger, Mar 11, 2007

  2. On Mar 11, 6:49 pm, "Mr. SweatyFinger" <> wrote:
    > How do i make this a "pretty" error?
    > at what point in the process to I catch it?
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
    >
    > Parser Error
    > service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
    > details and modify your source file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: The process cannot access the file
    > 'd:\hosting\xxx\controls\adReview.ascx' because it is being used by another
    > process.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/snowList.master"
    > AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="adsReview.aspx.vb"
    > Inherits="posting_adReview" title="Untitled Page" %>
    > Line 2:
    > Line 3: <%@ Register Src="../controls/adReview.ascx" TagName="adsReview"
    > TagPrefix="uc1" %>
    > Line 4: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="header"
    > Runat="Server">
    > Line 5: <uc1:adReview id="AdReview1" runat="server">

    Because of parent path in "../controls/adReview.ascx", I guess.

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 11, 2007