How to handle invalid web service namespace error

Ajay Choudhary

Hi,

If the client tries to access a web service with invalid namespace, it gets
a SOAP exception as invalid SOAPAction.
The invalid namespace will happen because the proxies on the client side
were generated before the namespace on the server side was updated.
I would like to handle this myself and throw a SOAP exception with more
information in it.
How can I do that?

Thanks,
Ajay

Serve Code - The namespace is updated from "1111" to "2222".
[WebService(Namespace=http://NoServerWithThisName/Services/SayHello/2222)]

public class SayHello : System.Web.Services.WebService

{

[WebMethod]

public string HelloWorld()

{

return "Hello World from "+Environment.UserName;

Client Proxy Code - Notice the "1111"

[System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute(Name="SayHelloSoap",
Namespace=http://NoServerWithThisName/Services/SayHello/1111)]

public class SayHello : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol

Client Code -

try

{

SayHello s = new SayHello();