How to have a service talk to a windows form app?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by John Cody, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. John Cody

    John Cody Guest

    Hi,

    I am kinda new to ASP.NET/Webservices.

    I currently have a VB6 app running on a PC that is also running a webservice
    that I created for an in-the-field pocket pc app.

    I would like the webservice to be able to send data/messages to the running
    VB6 app, and I am looking for suggestions of how I should communicate
    between a webservice to a vb6 app.

    My first thought was to create a winsock object in the webservice app and
    send a message through a local port to the VB6 app that is monitoring that
    port. But, I'm open to other, maybe more graceful ideas?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    -John

    John Cody, Feb 22, 2007