How to have a service talk to a windows form app?

John Cody

Hi,

I am kinda new to ASP.NET/Webservices.

I currently have a VB6 app running on a PC that is also running a webservice
that I created for an in-the-field pocket pc app.

I would like the webservice to be able to send data/messages to the running
VB6 app, and I am looking for suggestions of how I should communicate
between a webservice to a vb6 app.

My first thought was to create a winsock object in the webservice app and
send a message through a local port to the VB6 app that is monitoring that
port. But, I'm open to other, maybe more graceful ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-John