    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com
    David Thielen, Jul 14, 2006

  2. Hi Dave,

    Thank you for your post.

    Based on my understanding, your question is how to dynamically determine
    which step to show based on user's choice. If I've misunderstood anything,
    please feel free to post here.

    As far as I know, the Wizard steps cannot be disabled by default.

    I recommend you use a MultiView in Step 2 and create 2 View in it, one is
    used to display data when the user selects Sql, another is used to display
    data when the user selects Xml. And you handle the NextButtonClick event of
    Wizard to check the RadioButtonList's value and set MultiView's
    ActiveViewIndex accordingly:

    protected void Wizard1_NextButtonClick(object sender,
    WizardNavigationEventArgs e)
    {
    if (Wizard1.ActiveStepIndex == 0)
    {
    if (RadioButtonList1.SelectedIndex == 0)
    {
    MultiView1.ActiveViewIndex = 0;
    } else
    {
    MultiView1.ActiveViewIndex = 1;

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 14, 2006

  3. Yuck - ok thanks

    David Thielen, Jul 14, 2006
  4. Hi Dave,

    Thank you for your update.

    I understand that this solution may not be the ideal one that you're after.
    I've done more research later but still didn't find way to disable
    individual wizard steps. If you have any concerns about this issue, please
    feel free to post here.

    Also, if you would like to submit a feedback to Visual Studio, you can
    submit it here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/feedback

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 16, 2006
  5. Thank you for looking more. What I am doing is I have all the steps, I
    disable the navigation bar, and I skip steps as needed.

    Your telling me that there is no way to disable helped - because I stopped
    looking for a way to do that.

    David Thielen, Jul 16, 2006
  6. Thanks Dave for your quick update.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 16, 2006