How to have toolbox icon appear for custom control?

Showjumper

I want my custom control to have its own toolbox icon. I create the bmp file
and it has the same name as the control class. I then set it to embedded
resource but it still doesnt appear in the toolbox. What could i be doing
wrong?

S. Justin Gengo

Showjumper,

I've got icons for some of my components working.

I'm doing everything the same way you say you are. The only thing I can
think of off hand that my code has in it that maybe yours doesn't is that
I'm inheriting System.ComponentModel.Component. I'm assuming that the
inheritance is taking care of some of the hookup for the icon.