How to having text "popup" without popups?

Frank Stallone

What I would like to do is have something where you click a link to
learn more about that item. The text would then appear right below the
link.

For example (before clicking link):

"Learn a bout Robot Diapers"

Then the user clicks that link and what would appear on the page would
be this:

"Learn a bout Robot Diapers"
Robotic diapers are a new innovation, blah blah blah blah, etc.

How would I go about doing that?

Preferably without XML as, I must admit, I haven't looked into XML too
much and I've had some compatiblity issues with it and mozilla and I
want to be as compatible as possible with browsers.

Another way I thought of doing it is having the link but when you
click it a window pops up with the information. BUt it would be one of
those windows on the page, thus no creating a seperate window if you
know what I mean. Basically like some website ads that appear in the
middle of the screen with their own little X to close 'em, etc, etc.

Which would be better and most compatible with the widest range of
browsers?

Thank you in advance.

Toby Inkster

Disco said:
If I disable styles in firefox, I get the expected content (that is,
the "help" is displayed on page openning.), however, when I click the
*X* , it hides it again. I would expect it to ignore the style, since
I turned off styles in FF.

Pah! Bug in Firefox. Upgrade to Opera. :)