How to/Help: Creating a Tabular Display in ASP.NET Page

tolaskram

We're developing an ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) application that needs to display array
data in a tabular format. Some might say "simply use the GridView control,"
which might work for us. But, we have a couple of specific things that the
GridView may or may not be able to do (we don't know).

We need to have the checkboxes for each row and a checkbox in the header
that checks/unchecks all the checkboxes. And then we need to be able to
delete any/all checked rows. Also, we need to be able to select a row in
the table and get more details.

I'm sure this sounds a little vague.

Therefore, how can we build such a ASP.NET web form? What server control
can we/should we use to give us this functionality (including the
checkboxes, as mentioned above)? And, how can we program the deleting and
selecting of rows/row information based on user selection?

THANKS!!!

sloan

When I need "specialized" formatting, I usually go to a Repeater.

I haven't done alot of GridView work yet, but even in my 2.0 apps , I use a
repeater sometimes.

You can put <br/> and you can put children collections inside a repeater.

The repeater needs more manual coding... but that's the tradeoff to get more
flexibility with output.

Maybe that helps.