    using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that?

    Thanks for your help,

    St├ęphane

    SC, May 4, 2004

  2. SC

    Karthik Guest

    SC wrote:

    Off-topic to the n.g.

    > I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application
    > compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with empty
    > spaces and it works, a 'ps -ef' does not show arguments anymore. But with
    > the same application compiled for Windows, I still can see the arguments
    > using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that?

    ps -wwef would show still in Linux !! Post to some specific
    newsgroups related to windows implementation of the C compiler that you
    are using.

    --
    Karthik.
    Humans please 'removeme_' for my real email.

    Karthik, May 4, 2004

  3. "SC" <> wrote in message news:<c78crp$550$>...
    > I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application
    > compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with empty
    > spaces and it works, a 'ps -ef' does not show arguments anymore. But with
    > the same application compiled for Windows, I still can see the arguments
    > using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that?
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > St├ęphane

    Restart your application without arguments, then exit the first instance.
    Implemenatation left to the reader, as it's best done using Qt (==OT)

    Regards,
    Michiel Salters

    Michiel Salters, May 5, 2004