How to hide command line arguments in a windows application

SC

I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application
compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with empty
spaces and it works, a 'ps -ef' does not show arguments anymore. But with
the same application compiled for Windows, I still can see the arguments
using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that?

Thanks for your help,

Stéphane

Karthik

SC wrote:

Off-topic to the n.g.

I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application
compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with empty
spaces and it works, a 'ps -ef' does not show arguments anymore. But with
the same application compiled for Windows, I still can see the arguments
using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that?

ps -wwef would show still in Linux !! Post to some specific
newsgroups related to windows implementation of the C compiler that you
are using.

Michiel Salters

SC said:
I'm trying to hide command line arguments passed to a C++/Qt application
compiled for Windows. Under Linux, I replaced argc in the main with empty
spaces and it works, a 'ps -ef' does not show arguments anymore. But with
the same application compiled for Windows, I still can see the arguments
using prcView (for example). Do someone have an idea to do that?

Thanks for your help,

Stéphane

Restart your application without arguments, then exit the first instance.
Implemenatation left to the reader, as it's best done using Qt (==OT)

Regards,
Michiel Salters