how to hide href link ?

Stuart Palmer

they care what the url is then they can right click and view properties
anyway to get it (or click the link)

Stu

kaeli

brian_dell3 said:
how to hide href links (url) from user that can be seen in status bar ?

You enjoy annoying your users? Some people REALLY hate that.

Some of us have browsers that don't let you mess with our status bar.

Any code you get will be nullified by Netscape or Mozilla with the
settings set to not let you modify our status bar.

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi,

Stuart said:

Should be

<A HREF="..."
ONMOUSEOVER="top.status='';return true;">
Link text</A>

Your code fails because you have a quote conflict, and because you don't
return true.

Laurent

they care what the url is then they can right click and view properties
anyway to get it (or click the link)

Stu

Additionally, it fails if JavaScript is off, or if they look at the
source. It is also often considered bad practice to change the status
bar text for links, though I personally don't think it's always a bad
thing depending on how it's done.

Laurent

Stuart Palmer

Yeah, you are totally right, sorry about that. I'm at work and not really
thinking........brain dead.

Stu