How to hide the full url of a website and only display the domain name?

parshu

One of the possible way is using Frames. If you use Frame and disable
right click then u can hide the hyperlink.
As for the default page such as Index.aspx, these pages aren't show
because they r by default mapped in ur IIS default document.

HTH

Nikron

Howzit parshu,

thanks for the reply but I can't disable the right click in my app.
Surely there is some kind of setting that will hide the page name in
the browser url box.

parshu

Till date i've seen 2 possible ways to hide the page name, 1 is using
Frames and other is using Window.open to popup a new window. There
isn't any method that comes to my mind to hide the page names. Sorry,
that's all i can help.

Regards

Mark Rae

How would I hide the pages that the user is surfing and just show
him/her the domain name. E.G. www.google.com as opposed to
www.google.com/index.aspx etc...

As has been mentioned, frames is the easiest way to do this.

However, it's generally considered to be a fairly pointless exercise, and
can cause lots of problems. E.g. if you have a site wrapped in a
browser-wide frame, and part of that site requires SSL, you won't see the
padlock in the browser's statusbar etc...

Patrice

There is no way then. The browser must know the location. If the location is
known from the browser it can be known from the user...

Are you doing something that is not legal ? ;-)