    asking if anyone on here knows where I could go to be able to start
    hosting a Chatroom. If anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me at

    Thank you =)

    Katie Thornton, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Katie Thornton wrote:

    > Hello.. I'm kind of new on here so I'm not sure what to do. I am just
    > asking if anyone on here knows where I could go to be able to start
    > hosting a Chatroom.

    Almost certainly not with JavaScript. Typically you would want an IRC server
    (lots on http://www.freshmeat.net/ ) and your users will need a client
    (ditto). The client might be a Java Applet (which has nothing to do with
    JavaScript) that you can embed in a webpage. (Personally I find such
    applets annoying and I typically view the source to find out the address of
    the server and connect with a decent client).

    > If anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me at

    This is Usenet.

    Eugh.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Nov 18, 2004