How to host a ChatRoom

Katie Thornton

Hello.. I'm kind of new on here so I'm not sure what to do. I am just
asking if anyone on here knows where I could go to be able to start
hosting a Chatroom. If anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me at
(e-mail address removed)

Thank you =)

David Dorward

Katie said:
Hello.. I'm kind of new on here so I'm not sure what to do. I am just
asking if anyone on here knows where I could go to be able to start
hosting a Chatroom.

Almost certainly not with JavaScript. Typically you would want an IRC server
(lots on http://www.freshmeat.net/ ) and your users will need a client
(ditto). The client might be a Java Applet (which has nothing to do with
JavaScript) that you can embed in a webpage. (Personally I find such
applets annoying and I typically view the source to find out the address of
the server and connect with a decent client).
If anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me at
(e-mail address removed)

This is Usenet.

Eugh.