How to I get an user email address, if I know the domain/username

Mav

Hi,
Using Perl, Windows, if I know the person domain name(or the whole
user domain) and userid, like (google/foo). is that a way to return
that person the email address progrom? I am on the same domain.

I found out on windows, I can right click on any folder,
Sharing -> Sharing this folder -> Permission -> Add
on the box "Enter the object names to select:"
If I enter something like google/foo, and Check name, that will return
me the email.

Is that a way I can write I program to do to find out the email
address?

Thanks,
Mav

Anno Siegel

Mav said:
Hi,
Using Perl, Windows, if I know the person domain name(or the whole
user domain) and userid, like (google/foo). is that a way to return
that person the email address progrom? I am on the same domain.

I found out on windows, I can right click on any folder,
Sharing -> Sharing this folder -> Permission -> Add
on the box "Enter the object names to select:"
If I enter something like google/foo, and Check name, that will return
me the email.

Is that a way I can write I program to do to find out the email
address?

That has nothing to do with Perl. Ask a group that concerns itself
with email.

Anno

Brian McCauley

Anno said:
That has nothing to do with Perl. Ask a group that concerns itself
with email.

It has even less to do with e-mail.

This is really a question about the NT5 domain (aka active directory) API.

There are modules in the Win32::* hierachy that will get you stuff from
NT4 domains and presumably will operate with NT5 domains in NT4 backward
compatability mode. But the thing that the OP is seeing for that looks
like an e-mail address is the NT5 domain user name. (It's not actually
an e-mail address but it may work as one sometimes depending on your
setup). I doubt you could get this via the NT4 interface.

There may now be modules for talking directly to the NT5 domain system.

Failing that you can use LDAP.

There is a place in the NT5 domain user record for the actual e-mail
address.

Mav

That has nothing to do with Perl. Ask a group that concerns itself
with email.

Anno

I want to write a perl script to figure out the email address.

Thanks,
Mav