    address?

    Thanks,
    Mav
    Mav, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Mav

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Mav <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Hi,
    > Using Perl, Windows, if I know the person domain name(or the whole
    > user domain) and userid, like (google/foo). is that a way to return
    > that person the email address progrom? I am on the same domain.
    >
    > I found out on windows, I can right click on any folder,
    > Sharing -> Sharing this folder -> Permission -> Add
    > on the box "Enter the object names to select:"
    > If I enter something like google/foo, and Check name, that will return
    > me the email.
    >
    > Is that a way I can write I program to do to find out the email
    > address?

    That has nothing to do with Perl. Ask a group that concerns itself
    with email.

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Anno Siegel wrote:

    > Mav <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >> Using Perl, Windows, if I know the person domain name(or the whole
    >>user domain) and userid, like (google/foo). is that a way to return
    >>that person the email address progrom? I am on the same domain.
    >>
    >> I found out on windows, I can right click on any folder,
    >>Sharing -> Sharing this folder -> Permission -> Add
    >>on the box "Enter the object names to select:"
    >>If I enter something like google/foo, and Check name, that will return
    >>me the email.
    >>
    >> Is that a way I can write I program to do to find out the email
    >>address?

    > That has nothing to do with Perl. Ask a group that concerns itself
    > with email.

    It has even less to do with e-mail.

    This is really a question about the NT5 domain (aka active directory) API.

    There are modules in the Win32::* hierachy that will get you stuff from
    NT4 domains and presumably will operate with NT5 domains in NT4 backward
    compatability mode. But the thing that the OP is seeing for that looks
    like an e-mail address is the NT5 domain user name. (It's not actually
    an e-mail address but it may work as one sometimes depending on your
    setup). I doubt you could get this via the NT4 interface.

    There may now be modules for talking directly to the NT5 domain system.

    Failing that you can use LDAP.

    There is a place in the NT5 domain user record for the actual e-mail
    address.
    Brian McCauley, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Mav

    Mav Guest

    -berlin.de (Anno Siegel) wrote in message news:<cl7tbt$fqc$-Berlin.DE>...
    > Mav <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > > Hi,
    > > Using Perl, Windows, if I know the person domain name(or the whole
    > > user domain) and userid, like (google/foo). is that a way to return
    > > that person the email address progrom? I am on the same domain.
    > >
    > > I found out on windows, I can right click on any folder,
    > > Sharing -> Sharing this folder -> Permission -> Add
    > > on the box "Enter the object names to select:"
    > > If I enter something like google/foo, and Check name, that will return
    > > me the email.
    > >
    > > Is that a way I can write I program to do to find out the email
    > > address?

    > That has nothing to do with Perl. Ask a group that concerns itself
    > with email.
    >
    > Anno

    I want to write a perl script to figure out the email address.

    Thanks,
    Mav
    Mav, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Mav

    Joe Smith Guest

    Mav wrote:

    >>> Using Perl, Windows, if I know the person domain name(or the whole
    >>>user domain) and userid, like (google/foo). is that a way to return
    >>>that person the email address progrom? I am on the same domain.

    > I want to write a perl script to figure out the email address.

    I'm in the NT domain as "\\camero\jms" but my e-mail address is
    "". The latter is not obviously related to the
    former without doing an LDAP query.
    http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/perl-ldap-0.3202/lib/Net/LDAP.pod
    -Joe
    Joe Smith, Oct 23, 2004
  6. Mav

    Mav Guest

    Joe Smith <> wrote in message news:<2Hqed.235042$wV.36303@attbi_s54>...

    > > I want to write a perl script to figure out the email address.

    > I'm in the NT domain as "\\camero\jms" but my e-mail address is
    > "". The latter is not obviously related to the
    > former without doing an LDAP query.
    > http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/perl-ldap-0.3202/lib/Net/LDAP.pod
    > -Joe

    Thanks for your reply, if I know the username full
    domain(something.smallworld.com), and username (foo).
    Would it able to return the user full email address?

    thanks,
    Mav
    Mav, Oct 24, 2004