How to I write DBASE files without ODBC

Durumdara

Hi !

I have a text processor code and I want to put the results to standard
files.
HTML, XML, SQLite - they are ok.

But I want to put these datas to DBF too, because when records are many,
does not fit in Excel table (load from HTML). XML and SQLite need some
development to get datas.

I need some memo fields, not only standard field types. The fixed DBASE
tables are simply writeable, but for memo I need some tool.
ODBC is good for this, but I want to create standalone exe, without
installation, and ODBC must be manually set...

Can anybody known about DBASE handler module for Python ?

Thanx for help: dd

Larry Bates

Durumdara said:
Hi !

I have a text processor code and I want to put the results to standard
files.
HTML, XML, SQLite - they are ok.

But I want to put these datas to DBF too, because when records are many,
does not fit in Excel table (load from HTML). XML and SQLite need some
development to get datas.

I need some memo fields, not only standard field types. The fixed DBASE
tables are simply writeable, but for memo I need some tool.
ODBC is good for this, but I want to create standalone exe, without
installation, and ODBC must be manually set...

Can anybody known about DBASE handler module for Python ?

Thanx for help: dd
We use py2exe and Inno Setup to create a setup.exe installation
program. Part of the installation in Inno is to create the ODBC
object in the registry that is necessary for the program to access
ODBC data source. All I did was to observe the changes in the
registry before and after manually setting up a ODBC datasource
and put that code in my Inno script. Works like a charm.

-Larry Bates