How to implement a 'Select directory' dialog?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jay, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I'm hoping someone can help me here.

    I'd like to implement a Select Directory dialog for an intranet utility
    I'm writing. I tried a couple approaches that didn't work out:
    * I tried the WinForms FolderBrowserDialog control, but this of course
    didn't work.
    * I tried HtmlInputFile control, but was only able to specify files
    (not folders).

    I've also done the usual newsgroup searches, but the closest I came was
    seeing other people post the same question.

    This is going to be for an intranet utility.

    Any ideas? What about a script embedded in an aspx?

    thanks for any help
    -Jay
    Jay, Mar 28, 2005

  2. You would need an ActiveX Control, Java applet, or some similar client-side
    executable to do this. Who knows? If you Google it, you might find something
    ready-made.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer