how to implement a simple site search

Mark Kamoski

Hi--

Please help.

How can one implement a simple site search for an ASP.NET site that
consists of ASPX and ASCX content pages?

I have a small site (of less than 100 content pages). The content pages are
of type ASPX and ASCX.

I know that one way is to simply put the context text into a database and
then run the search against that database.

However, the site currently has the content directly in the ASPX and ASCX
pages. Therefore, it looks like a parsing exercise.

But, I am hoping someone has already come up with a solution to this sort
of problem.

Any ideas?

Monte Hansen

Add a COM reference to Index Server and run queries against your site.
The COM progId to query with is Cisso.CissoQuery. You can create an
index catalog via the Index Server snapin for MMC.

Monte Hansen

I'm not sure I'd put "content" in a database, but that's just me :).
There are still other ways available to you. For instance, you could
point a 3rd party crawler to your site (like Google) and use Google to
index and query your site.

Have a look here:
http://www.google.com/apis/