    What books should I read? What APIs should I learn and use?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thank you!

    tony, Jul 3, 2007

  2. tony

    timjowers Guest

    On Jul 2, 10:56 pm, tony <> wrote:
    > Hi, all!
    > I want to implement a UML tool in Java.
    > Where should I get started?
    > What books should I read? What APIs should I learn and use?
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    > Thank you!

    Can you give more info? have you looked at ArgoUML and FUJABA?

    timjowers, Jul 3, 2007

  3. tony

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "tony" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, all!
    > I want to implement a UML tool in Java.

    The answer to all your question depends on your skill level, which you
    haven't given any indication of.

    > Where should I get started?

    Start by learning Java, if you haven't already done so.

    > What books should I read?

    Too vague to even attempt to answer.

    > What APIs should I learn and use?

    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Jul 3, 2007
  4. tony

    Mark Space Guest

    tony wrote:
    > Hi, all!
    > I want to implement a UML tool in Java.
    > Where should I get started?
    > What books should I read? What APIs should I learn and use?
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    > Thank you!

    The first rule in programming is creative laziness.

    http://uml.netbeans.org/

    ;)

    Mark Space, Jul 4, 2007