How to implement Diagnostics Trace features in Whidbey

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mukund Patel, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Mukund Patel

    Mukund Patel Guest

    Hi Friends,

    I am working on asp.net in .net studio 2005 (Whidbey). I want to write trace
    in file in my web application. How to implement Diagnostics Trace features
    in Whidbey. I have written following code in web.config. But it says
    System.Diagnostics is not a valid child element.

    <system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true">

    <listeners>

    <add name="WebPageTraceListener" type="System.Web.WebPageTraceListener,
    System.Web, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

    <add name="TestTracer" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener,
    System, Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    initializeData="samplewebapp\Asptesttrace.log" />

    </listeners>

    </trace>

    </system.diagnostics>

    Should I configure machine.config? How to configure it?.

    Thanks

    -Mukund

    Mukund Patel, Dec 29, 2004

  2. "Mukund Patel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > I am working on asp.net in .net studio 2005 (Whidbey). I want to write
    > trace
    > in file in my web application. How to implement Diagnostics Trace features
    > in Whidbey. I have written following code in web.config. But it says
    > System.Diagnostics is not a valid child element.
    >
    > <system.diagnostics>

    Where did you place this within web.config? It needs to be a child element
    of the <configuration> element.

    John Saunders

    John Saunders, Dec 30, 2004