How to implement differentiation in C++

komminenibalaji

Hi,

I am trying to implement differentiation in C++. I have no clue on how
to do it. Could anybody suggest an algorithm or a refernce on where I
could find something on this topic.

Regards,
Balaji

Kai-Uwe Bux

Hi,

I am trying to implement differentiation in C++. I have no clue on how
to do it.

First, you need to be a little more clear about what kind of
differentiation. Do you want (a) numerical methods for computing the
derivative of a function? Do you want (b) symbolic differentiation of a
symbolic expression. If the latter, do you want that to happen at run-time
or do you want a (c) template based solution that makes it happen at
compile time.

Could anybody suggest an algorithm or a refernce on where I
could find something on this topic.

Depending on what you want, google for

(a) numeric differentiation.
(b) symbolic differentiation.
(c) expression templates differentiation.

Settle on a method and try putting it into code. When problems arise, come
back here with what you have and someone will be happy to help you
straightening out your code.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi

hi ...
i need your help...
i am wanna to write a programme about Symbolic Differentiation and i dont have any hints about this....
plz is there any one to help me in writing this code????
thx alot...
regards;
Eman.