How to IMPORT an open source library into matlab - WINDOWS platform

Discussion in 'C++' started by bolega, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. bolega

    bolega Guest

    The library is written in C or C++, most likely C.

    It works well on linux.

    Basically, it generates simple functions like filters in unix with
    command line switches when the executables are made by compiling.

    Matlab does have some similar functions but they are NOT optimized and
    poor.

    So, I want to make my experience of importing it smooth.

    What are the options of importing and at the same time maintaining the
    speed of execution.

    Presently, I only need ONE filter from the library.

    Should I import the library code and then execute it or should I
    compile it with all STATIC code linkage and then import it ? I can
    compile it on linux only, I dont have a C compiler for windows BUT the
    matlab is running on windows.

    Please advise so I dont have thorny experience.

    gnuist

    bolega, Sep 8, 2009

  2. bolega

    bolega Guest

    Re: How to IMPORT an open source library into matlab - WINDOWSplatform

    I now want to import the whole library. The examples to use the
    library in C coding says to include a certain headerfile, but when I
    import that into matlab, i have problems.

    bolega, Sep 8, 2009

  3. bolega

    red floyd Guest

    On Sep 7, 9:11 pm, bolega <> wrote:
    > The library is written in C or C++, most likely C.
    >
    > It works well on linux.
    >
    > Basically, it generates simple functions like filters in unix with
    > command line switches when the executables are made by compiling.
    >
    > Matlab does have some similar functions but they are NOT optimized and
    > poor.
    >
    > So, I want to make my experience of importing it smooth.
    >
    > What are the options of importing and at the same time maintaining the
    > speed of execution.
    >
    > Presently, I only need ONE filter from the library.
    >
    > Should I import the library code and then execute it or should I
    > compile it with all STATIC code linkage and then import it ? I can
    > compile it on linux only, I dont have a C compiler for windows BUT the
    > matlab is running on windows.
    >
    > Please advise so I dont have thorny experience.

    You are completely off topic here. Please ask in a MATLAB group. Try
    comp.soft-sys.matlab

    red floyd, Sep 9, 2009