How to improve page performance

mrajanikrishna

Hi friends,

I have a page which has dropdownlists bound to data source
controls. Its a big page has some input controls.
How can I improve the page rendering time/

thanks

Joy

Hi,
There are few things that you can do to reduce the eventual Page mark up:

1. Make a judicious choice between Server side and simple HTML controls.
2. Turn the EnableViewState to false, this will reduce the view state that
is getting generated.
3. Do only as much is needed during the page initialisation and move other
code to specific events.

regards,
Joy

BWC

How about caching your datasources in webcache, and applying output caching
to your page if appropriate?

mrajanikrishna

How about caching your datasources in webcache, and applying output caching
to your page if appropriate?

Thank you for the replies. I will check all the ways.