How to inherit an user control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Danny Ni, May 21, 2005.

  1. Danny Ni

    Danny Ni Guest

    Hi,

    I have an user control named GuestBook.ascx. I want to create another user
    control by inheriting it. So I add a class file named GuestBookNew.vb into
    the project. Inside this class file I have:

    Public Class GuestBookNew
    Inherits GuestBook

    Then I tried to use the new control in a web form by adding
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="eShop" Namespace="eShop" Assembly="eShop" %>

    By the way, eShop is the VB.Net project name.

    This is not working at all, I am getting "Error Creating Control" in web
    form designer.

    Please help.

    TIA

    Danny Ni, May 21, 2005