I have some c++ code like this:
class MyObject {
public:
int m_a;
int m_b;
int m_c;
// etc. etc.
}

And in an XML file I have something like this:
<variable initialization>
<object id="1">
<a>10</a>
<b>3 </a>
<m>332</m>
</object>
<object id="2">
<a>15</a>
<b>5 </a>
<m>110</m>
</object>
</variable initialization>

Where basically I have a list of objects, and I need to create that number
(in this case 2) of objects, and initialize their member variables
accordingly.

What is a nice way to do this? In the xml file, I may only have 1 or 2 of
the objects variables (and there can be a lot of these) or I may have all of
them.

It seems the obvious but painful way would be when I get my xml document
loaded, to go through the thing and search for every variable in my object
to see if it has been set in the xml file. I thought about a hash map, but
that still doesnt sound nice.

I would guess people have to do this all the time, any suggestions besides a
load of if/then statements?

Im using MSXML by the way...

Thanks,
Bryan