How to inline/declaratively data bind a dropdownlist in a wizard step?

Bogdan

Hi,

I have a wizard control consisting of 3 steps. One of the steps contains a
dropdownlist that I'd like to bind as follows:

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlRocks" runat="server" DataSource='<%# GetRocks()
%>'
DataTextField="value" DataValueField="key" >
</asp:DropDownList>

The GetRocks() method located in code-behind returns a dictionary. I've
used this technique with regular pages without any problems. Obviously
there is something about wizard control that I do not understand.

I do not get any run-time or compile errors. GetRocks() method is never
called though.

Could someone please explain what is wrong with the above approach?

Thanks.