How to insert word document in sqlserver 2000 using asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by aparna, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. aparna

    aparna Guest

    Hi To All

    I am doing one task, in that i am having Word document, and
    want to insert that word document in the database using asp.net.Pleas
    tell me which data type can i take in database to store the wor
    document. and how to pass document from front end. plz explain some wa
    or give some good sites for that task if u know

    Thanks in advance
    Aparn

    --
    aparn
    aparna's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m48

    aparna, Aug 12, 2005

  2. aparna

    Patrice Guest

    Try around :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ide/html/cpconwritingblobvaluestodatabase.asp
    (Wring BLOB Values to a Database)

    Always consider first to store the file outside DB. Insert the file in the
    DB only if you really found a compelling reason to do so...
    --

    Patrice

    message de news:...

    Patrice, Aug 12, 2005