How to install by program (C#) a certificate from a .p7b file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dominique, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. Dominique

    Dominique Guest

    Hello,

    I must write a certificate installation wizard in c#.
    The certificate must be installed in the LocalMachine Certificate Store.

    I have done a test version which build the request file (.csr) and correctly
    install
    a certificate from a .cer file.

    But the C.A. we use send us .p7b files with 2 certificates in it : the CA
    and the user certificates.

    I tried to import them with an x509Certificate2object.Import(fileName). But
    i got an "index not valid" error.
    I tried to import them with XENROLLLib.CEnroll methods (InstallPKCS7, ...)
    but I got then an "Cannot find requested object" error...

    I did'nt find any help on the internet, but i'am new with certificates.
    Is there anyway to do it within a C# program ?

    Thank's in advance.

    Dominique, Mar 6, 2006