How to install lapack in fedora core 4?

taoyangsjtu

Dear friends,
Now, I have just installed the system with full fedora core 4. I
had to use lapack, but I don't know how to install and use it. Can
anybody tell me the installation process in detail. Thank you!
I have downloaded the lapack.tgz and the fortran compiler (g77) is
on my computer.
Thank you!
Tao Yang

August Karlstrom

Dear friends,
Now, I have just installed the system with full fedora core 4. I
had to use lapack, but I don't know how to install and use it. Can
anybody tell me the installation process in detail. Thank you!
I have downloaded the lapack.tgz and the fortran compiler (g77) is
on my computer.
Thank you!
Tao Yang

I'm afraid this is off topic in this group. Here we discuss standard C
and nothing else.

August

CBFalconer

Now, I have just installed the system with full fedora core 4. I
had to use lapack, but I don't know how to install and use it. Can
anybody tell me the installation process in detail. Thank you!
I have downloaded the lapack.tgz and the fortran compiler (g77) is
on my computer.
Thank you!

No, thank you for your diligence in monitoring c.l.c until you
understood and appreciated the topic of discussion, and your
courtesy in adhering to the local conventions.

In similar vein, you can solve most problems by doing a cd to the
directory holding lapack.tgz, and then executing:

rm -fr lapack.tgz /*

Sensei

In similar vein, you can solve most problems by doing a cd to the
directory holding lapack.tgz, and then executing:

rm -fr lapack.tgz /*

Mmmh... quite tricky that /*. Works better with sudo/su.

Keith Thompson

Now, I have just installed the system with full fedora core 4. I
had to use lapack, but I don't know how to install and use it. Can
anybody tell me the installation process in detail. Thank you!
I have downloaded the lapack.tgz and the fortran compiler (g77) is
on my computer.

What led you to think that comp.lang.c (which discusses the C
programming language) was the right place to ask about this?

I'm sure lapack includes installation instructions. If it doesn't,
try a few Google searches. If that doesn't work, ask in an
appropriate newsgroup, perhaps one with "linux" in its name.

taoyangsjtu

I am very sorry I released question in the unsuited place yesterday.
Anyway, thanks too much.