    in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
    Windows...

    Thank you very much.
    goldtech, Nov 10, 2012

  2. On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 09:12:18 -0800 (PST), goldtech
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Windows XP and Python 2.7.x
    >
    > I download and install libxml2-python-2.7.7.win32-py2.7.exe, From
    > here: http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/
    >
    > This file has both libxml2 AND libxslt.
    >
    > But, I also need libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel for python 2.7. Are
    > binaries for win32 available for that?

    xxx-devel packages for the Linux variants typically contain the
    header files needed to /build/ (compile) programs and/or libraries that
    reference the runtime xxx library.

    Windows binary installers typically ARE pre-built libraries
    compatible with the specific binary version; no development headers are
    needed. On the Linux variants, all you get is source code for the Python
    libraries and the "install" runs a makefile to build the library.

    > How do I to get these devel files? In Ubuntu fro example this is all
    > in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
    > Windows...

    Unless you intend to build the libraries and the Python interface
    from sources (meaning you have the proper C-compiler toolchain
    installed), they don't mean anything on Windows.

    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Nov 10, 2012

  3. goldtech, 10.11.2012 18:12:
    > I have Windows XP and Python 2.7.x
    >
    > I download and install libxml2-python-2.7.7.win32-py2.7.exe, From
    > here: http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/
    >
    > This file has both libxml2 AND libxslt.
    >
    > But, I also need libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel for python 2.7. Are
    > binaries for win32 available for that?
    >
    > How do I to get these devel files? In Ubuntu fro example this is all
    > in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
    > Windows...

    Assuming that you are actually looking for lxml rather than the plain
    libxml2/libxslt Python bindings and seeing that you don't fear installing
    software from arbitrary web pages, you should try this binary installer:

    http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#lxml

    Stefan
    Stefan Behnel, Nov 11, 2012