How to install using Intel icc instead of gcc

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jomarbueyes@hotmail.com, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Guest

Dear all,

I'd like to install some CPAN modules into my account on a shared computer-cluster. However, some of the include files (e.g. the math.h) are specific to the Intel compiler icc and thus produce an error when I type 'make'. Hasanybody found a similar problem and solved it? If so, could you point me to where I can find what to change in the Makefile to use icc instead of gcc? At least two of the modules I'm trying to install (List::MoreUtils and List::AllUtils) do not come with a Build.PL so I need to go through the 'make' installation path.

Some additional info: We have icc version 13.0.0, which claims compatibility with gcc version 4.1.2 -the version installed in the cluster.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Jomar
    , Mar 15, 2013
    1. Advertising

2. Guest

On Friday, March 15, 2013 10:33:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd like to install some CPAN modules into my account on a shared computer-cluster. However, some of the include files (e.g. the math.h) are specific to the Intel compiler icc and thus produce an error when I type 'make'. Has anybody found a similar problem and solved it? If so, could you point meto where I can find what to change in the Makefile to use icc instead of gcc? At least two of the modules I'm trying to install (List::MoreUtils andList::AllUtils) do not come with a Build.PL so I need to go through the 'make' installation path.
    >
    >
    >
    > Some additional info: We have icc version 13.0.0, which claims compatibility with gcc version 4.1.2 -the version installed in the cluster.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help,
    >
    >
    >
    > Jomar

Hi All,

I think I found the solution. It seems to be as simple as

make CC=icc PREFIX=whatever.

Thanks to all anyway,