How to integrate visual editor from netbeans into eclipse

wensa

I've been using eclipse for one year, and find myself uncustomed to any
other Java IDEs such as netbeans. However, I do think the visual editor
in netbeans in wonderful, but the other stuff is not so good to me.

I'm wondering if there is any way to integrate VE from netbeans into
eclipse?

IchBin

wensa said:
I've been using eclipse for one year, and find myself uncustomed to any
other Java IDEs such as netbeans. However, I do think the visual editor
in netbeans in wonderful, but the other stuff is not so good to me.

I'm wondering if there is any way to integrate VE from netbeans into
eclipse?
You could try and import the java files into an Eclipse project and then
add their GUI library to the project properties for project Lib build path.

Naturally you will lose the ability to graphically change the GUI of
your said application under Eclipse but app should run for you. Just do
not modify any of the commented routines that say "do not modify" that
the GUI builder embeds in the java code. Should be able to make any
other required code changes around this. For Netbeans 1.5 final release
the visual GUI Builder uses this library:

...\netbeans-5.0\platform6\modules\ext\swing-layout-1.0.jar

If you then need to make more GUI changes than either user Netbean's
Plugin to import Eclipse projects or just copy\paste new code into the
class that was initially copied from in Netbeans.

Have not tested but should work.

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)