    tomcat's message queue.

    Any idea or link for further information would be highly appreciated.

    Marcel
    Marcel Hell, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Marcel Hell

    Marcel Hell Guest

    Maybe this is more precise:

    Marcel Hell, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Marcel Hell

    Nigel Wade Guest

    Marcel Hell wrote:

    > Maybe this is more precise:
    >
    > Marcel Hell wrote:
    >> I have a path search algorithm application, that holds a large path
    >> array in memory, that for memory size reasons should not run as a servlet on

    tomcat. I want to be able to fire search requests on this
    >> application from jsp or servlets.
    >>
    >> I don't know how to interface the ordinary application with servlet
    >> requests from within tomcat.

    What I have done in a case like this is to make the external application an RMI
    server. When a request comes in to the servlet the servlet makes an RMI call to
    the external application. The external app. handles the request and returns
    data to the servlet. The servlet then sends whatever reply is appropriate back
    to the network client.

    >> These requests should be handled through
    >> tomcat's message queue.

    I don't know what Tomcat's message queue is, so I can offer no advice on how it
    might affect your requirements.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555
    Nigel Wade, Feb 15, 2007