how to interface servlet with running java app

Marcel Hell

I have a path search algorithm application, that holds a large path
array in memory. I want to be able to fire search requests on this
application from jsp or servlets.

I don't know how to interface the ordinary application with servlet
requests from within tomcat. These requests should be handled through
tomcat's message queue.

Any idea or link for further information would be highly appreciated.

Marcel

Nigel Wade

Marcel said:
Maybe this is more precise:

What I have done in a case like this is to make the external application an RMI
server. When a request comes in to the servlet the servlet makes an RMI call to
the external application. The external app. handles the request and returns
data to the servlet. The servlet then sends whatever reply is appropriate back
to the network client.

I don't know what Tomcat's message queue is, so I can offer no advice on how it
might affect your requirements.