    access to the libraries without having to create .exe file
    workarounds. Is there a way to do that with CPython?

    Thanks

    Mudcat, Mar 13, 2009

  2. Mudcat

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Mudcat <> wrote:
    > All the topics I seem to find on this topic lead me in the direction
    > of IronPython, but I'm not interested right now in a reimplementation
    > of Python in .Net environment. There are wrappers and methods
    > available for integrating with Java, C, and a bevy of other
    > languages.
    >
    > I don't know much about .Net. I have it installed and can run the
    > applications that I need to interface with, but I'd like to get direct
    > access to the libraries without having to create .exe file
    > workarounds. Is there a way to do that with CPython?

    Haven't used it, but Python for .NET sounds like it might be what you
    want: http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/

    Cheers,
    Chris

    --
    I have a blog:
    http://blog.rebertia.com

    Chris Rebert, Mar 14, 2009

  3. Mudcat

    Mudcat Guest

    On Mar 13, 8:37 pm, Christian Heimes <> wrote:
    > Chris Rebert wrote:
    > > Haven't used it, butPythonfor .NET sounds like it might be what you
    > > want:http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/

    > I've done some development for and with PythonDotNET. It's definitely
    > the right thing. It works with .NET, Mono andPython2.4 to 2.6.
    >
    > Christian

    That looks exactly like what I'm searching for. I'll give it a shot.

    One question, the last update for that is back in '07. Do you know if
    it's still in active development?

    Thanks

    Mudcat, Mar 16, 2009
  4. Mudcat

    Kay Schluehr Guest

    On 16 Mrz., 23:06, Mudcat <> wrote:
    > On Mar 13, 8:37 pm, Christian Heimes <> wrote:
    >
    > > Chris Rebert wrote:
    > > > Haven't used it, butPythonfor .NET sounds like it might be what you
    > > > want:http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/

    > > I've done some development for and with PythonDotNET. It's definitely
    > > the right thing. It works with .NET, Mono andPython2.4 to 2.6.

    > > Christian

    > That looks exactly like what I'm searching for. I'll give it a shot.
    >
    > One question, the last update for that is back in '07. Do you know if
    > it's still in active development?
    >
    > Thanks

    Don't think it's maintained right now. But be aware that it runs well
    for the current CLR 2.0.

    For using .NET 3.5 features you just have to add

    c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\

    to your Python path and add assemblies with clr.AddReference as
    convenient.

    Kay Schluehr, Mar 17, 2009
  5. Mudcat

    Mudcat Guest

    On Mar 17, 6:39 am, Kay Schluehr <> wrote:
    > On 16 Mrz., 23:06, Mudcat <> wrote:

    > > > I've done some development for and with PythonDotNET. It's definitely
    > > > the right thing. It works with .NET, Mono andPython2.4 to 2.6.

    > > > Christian

    > > That looks exactly like what I'm searching for. I'll give it a shot.

    > > One question, the last update for that is back in '07. Do you know if
    > > it's still in active development?

    > > Thanks

    > Don't think it's maintained right now. But be aware that it runs well
    > for the current CLR 2.0.
    >
    > For using .NET 3.5 features you just have to add
    >
    > c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\
    >
    > to your Python path and add assemblies with clr.AddReference as
    > convenient.

    Based on the archived emails I know that it can work on Python 2.6,
    but it's not clear what modifications are necessary. I downloaded the
    source files to run independently, and that was capable of running
    with installs of Python 2.4 and 2.5. If I download the installer will
    it automatically recognize 2.6, or will I need to change paths and
    possibly re-compile?

    Thanks

    Mudcat, Mar 17, 2009
  6. Mudcat

    Kay Schluehr Guest

    On 17 Mrz., 16:22, Mudcat <> wrote:
    > On Mar 17, 6:39 am, Kay Schluehr <> wrote:

    > > > That looks exactly like what I'm searching for. I'll give it a shot.

    > > > One question, the last update for that is back in '07. Do you know if
    > > > it's still in active development?

    > > > Thanks

    > > Don't think it's maintained right now. But be aware that it runs well
    > > for the current CLR 2.0.

    > > For using .NET 3.5 features you just have to add

    > > c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\

    > > to your Python path and add assemblies with clr.AddReference as
    > > convenient.

    > Based on the archived emails I know that it can work on Python 2.6,
    > but it's not clear what modifications are necessary. I downloaded the
    > source files to run independently, and that was capable of running
    > with installs of Python 2.4 and 2.5.

    > If I download the installer will
    > it automatically recognize 2.6, or will I need to change paths and
    > possibly re-compile?
    >
    > Thanks

    You'll have to change the BUILD option in the project settings of the
    Python.Runtime assembly. There is already a conditional compilation
    switch for Python 2.6 available in the source. So after this has been
    done it will build pythonnet for Python 2.6.

    Kay Schluehr, Mar 17, 2009