How to Invoke IExplorer from aspx page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by kapila Wijethilaka, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I want to invoke clients iExplorer from my axpx page.
    I did a some cod eto dot this.but it gave me below error.

    can anybody help me with this

    thanks

    Access is denied.

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
    ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
    Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
    impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
    impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
    IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
    choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
    appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
    boxes for the desired access.

    This my code segment

    Browser = new InternetExplorer(); //the error gave at this point

    Browser.Visible = true;

    Browser.GoHome();

    procs = Process.GetProcessesByName("IEXPLORE");

    kapila Wijethilaka, Nov 28, 2003