How to join two png images in one ?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by colossus73@gmail.com, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    , Nov 15, 2005

  2. Ian Wilson Guest

    Ian Wilson, Nov 15, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > which perl module do I need to orizontally join two png images ( two
    > files ) in one ( in one file ) ? I'm on Linux.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Colossus
    > Xarchiver, a GTK2 only archive manager -
    > http://xarchiver.sourceforge.net
    > Cpsed, a Linux OpenGL 3D scene editor - http://cpsed.sourceforge.net
    > Mizio, a QT proxy hunter scanner tool - http://mizio.sourceforge.net

    I'd use Imagemagick in a shell script.
    www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php seems overkill to me.

    Here's some good tutorials.
    http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/graphics/imagick6/

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Dr.Ruud Guest

    :

    > which perl module do I need to orizontally join two png images (two
    > files) in one (in one file) ? I'm on Linux.

    An alternative to ImageMagick is GD.

    You can put them next to eachother, or on top of eachother
    (transparently).

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Dr.Ruud, Nov 15, 2005
  5. OT: My rusty dutch (was Re: How to join two png images in one ?)

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:50:51 +0100, Dr.Ruud wrote:

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Could you please explain the meaning of your sig? I've been puzzling over
    it since I first saw it. IIRC, "gewoon" means "ordinary". Supposing
    "tijger" is what it looks like, "tiger" then I get "Ordinary is a tiger"
    which makes a sort of sense ("The Devil is in the detail" ? ), but I'd
    just like to know ... :)

    Rich

    Richard Gration, Nov 16, 2005

    Re: OT: My rusty dutch (was Re: How to join two png images in one ?)

    Richard Gration wrote:
    > "Gewoon is een tijger."
    > Could you please explain the meaning of your sig?

    It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
    asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique). A tiny bit of
    Google turns up:

    http://tinyurl.com/9wkj9

    , Nov 16, 2005
  7. Re: OT: My rusty dutch (was Re: How to join two png images in one ?)

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:01:54 -0800, usenet wrote:

    > Richard Gration wrote:
    >> "Gewoon is een tijger."
    >> Could you please explain the meaning of your sig?

    > It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
    > asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique). A tiny bit of
    > Google turns up:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/9wkj9

    Cheers. I read this group a lot and at least skim all threads so figured
    it mightn't have been asked before, I just happened to miss it being a
    mere 40 posts deep in an unrelated thread. Just might I be excused?

    not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

    Richard Gration, Nov 18, 2005

    , Nov 18, 2005
  9. Dr.Ruud Guest

    Re: OT: My rusty dutch

    Richard Gration:
    > usenet:
    >> Richard Gration:

    >>> "Gewoon is een tijger."
    >>> Could you please explain the meaning of your sig?

    >> It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
    >> asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique). A tiny bit
    >> of Google turns up: <http://tinyurl.com/9wkj9>

    > Cheers. I read this group a lot and at least skim all threads so
    > figured it mightn't have been asked before, I just happened to miss
    > it being a mere 40 posts deep in an unrelated thread. Just might I be
    > excused?

    Yes, you're excused. As another unrelated subject: when replying, one
    should perform s/\(was: .*\)$// on the subject header field.
    Some relevant people use '[was: .*]', so some tweaking of that regex is
    necessary.
    99.99% of the times there is an 'Re: ' at the start of the old subject.

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Dr.Ruud, Nov 18, 2005

    Richard Gration wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:01:54 -0800, usenet wrote:
    > > It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
    > > asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique)...

    > Cheers. I read this group a lot and at least skim all threads so figured
    > it mightn't have been asked before, I just happened to miss it being a
    > mere 40 posts deep in an unrelated thread. Just might I be excused?

    Yeah, I guess we'll let you off the hook just this once ;) I'm feeling
    especially generous since I, um, <sheepish grin> misspelled Dr.Ruud's
    handle </sheepish grin> (sorry doc).

    , Nov 18, 2005