How to jump out of nested 'for'-loops?

Peng Yu

Hi,

I want some command to jump out of nested loop. I'm wondering what is
the most convenient way to do so in python.

for i in range(10):
print "i = ", i
for j in range(10):
if i*10 + j == 50:
print i*10 + j
break # I want to jump out of the loops.

Regards,
Peng

I want some command to jump out of nested loop. I'm wondering what is
the most convenient way to do so in python.

for i in range(10):
  print "i = ", i
  for j in range(10):
    if i*10 + j == 50:
      print i*10 + j
      break # I want to jump out of the loops.

Regards,
Peng

if your code is in a function/method just use return

Sean DiZazzo

Hi,

I want some command to jump out of nested loop. I'm wondering what is
the most convenient way to do so in python.

for i in range(10):
  print "i = ", i
  for j in range(10):
    if i*10 + j == 50:
      print i*10 + j
      break # I want to jump out of the loops.

Regards,
Peng

Can you please give the people who answered your question a simple
"thank you"??

~Sean

alex23

Peng Yu said:
I want some command to jump out of nested loop. I'm wondering what is
the most convenient way to do so in python.

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath by saying this, but would it hurt you
to actually check the list before posting? You're not the only person
to ever have used Python, a lot of your questions have been answered
repeatedly in the past.

As it stands, this very question was discussed here no more than 2-3
days ago:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/9145497c04ad5c1b#

As has been mentioned repeatedly, your apparent inability to think for
yourself combined with the lack of acknowledgement to those who do
help you is rapidly burning through your social credit here.