How to keep a table square...

dorayme

What did the author do to go wrong in

http://www.sadmansoftware.com/sudoku/technique6.htm

in respect of maintaining the squareness of the Sudoku table
under different user font size settings?

I reckon he should get rid of a real lot of stuff and leave room
for *something* like:

table {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;width:
9em;height: 9em;}

td {width:2em; height:2em;border:1px solid
black;text-align:center;}

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit dorayme:
What did the author do to go wrong in

http://www.sadmansoftware.com/sudoku/technique6.htm

in respect of maintaining the squareness of the Sudoku table
under different user font size settings?

I dunno. Does it matter?
I reckon he should get rid of a real lot of stuff and leave room
for *something* like:

table {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;width:
9em;height: 9em;}

td {width:2em; height:2em;border:1px solid
black;text-align:center;}

Well I think you should also set table-layout: fixed (though this probably
does not matter here) for the table and vertical-align: middle for the
cells. And it might be better to omit the width and height settings for the
table; they are redundant and might even cause some trouble, and they would
make it a little more difficult to modify the layout. Actually, I think
there is some miscalculation, since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
math book.

Sid

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 09:20:20 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"

: since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
: math book.

You still use books? We Google everything here... :)

Sid

Sid

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:59:04 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"

: Scripsit Sid:
: >> since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
: >> math book.
: >
: > You still use books? We Google everything here... :)
:
: Oh, "in my math book" was just a façon de parler, a variant of "in my book",
: which seldom means a real book these days. Of course I actually said
: http://www.google.com/search?q=3+times+2
: to check this out.

ROFL!

Sid

dorayme

"Jukka K. Korpela said:
Scripsit dorayme:

there is some miscalculation, since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
math book.

Yes, I was fiddling about when looking at this (I see various
table faults now and again on Sudoku sites) and changed my mind
about things and gave 2em to give more space to the tds without
going back to change <table> I think this simply over-rode the
table width spec on that occasion...

Never mind, it is Monday morning and time for serious work now...

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
He/she didn't use flash. (Assuming they want it square all the time)

And there was I thinking Flash was a way of not being so square?

shendoku.de

If you want to try out something new in sudoku, try shendoku, using
the sudoku rules but playing two people, one against the other, like
battleshipps. They have a free version to download at http://www.shendoku.com/sample.pdf
.. Anything else they are bringing out or they are working on you can
find at www.shendoku.com or at they´r blog www.shendoku.blogspot.com .
Have fun, I am. I specially like one slogan I heard about Shendoku:
SUDOKU is like masturbation (on your own).... SHENDOKU is like sex (it
takes two).