    black;text-align:center;}

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 16, 2007

  2. Scripsit dorayme:

    > What did the author do to go wrong in
    >
    > http://www.sadmansoftware.com/sudoku/technique6.htm
    >
    > in respect of maintaining the squareness of the Sudoku table
    > under different user font size settings?

    I dunno. Does it matter?

    > I reckon he should get rid of a real lot of stuff and leave room
    > for *something* like:
    >
    > table {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;width:
    > 9em;height: 9em;}
    >
    > td {width:2em; height:2em;border:1px solid
    > black;text-align:center;}

    Well I think you should also set table-layout: fixed (though this probably
    does not matter here) for the table and vertical-align: middle for the
    cells. And it might be better to omit the width and height settings for the
    table; they are redundant and might even cause some trouble, and they would
    make it a little more difficult to modify the layout. Actually, I think
    there is some miscalculation, since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
    math book.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 16, 2007

  3. dorayme

    Sid Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 09:20:20 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> wrote:

    : since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
    : math book.

    You still use books? We Google everything here... :)

    Sid
    Sid, Sep 16, 2007
  4. Scripsit Sid:
    >> since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
    >> math book.

    > You still use books? We Google everything here... :)

    Oh, "in my math book" was just a façon de parler, a variant of "in my book",
    which seldom means a real book these days. Of course I actually said
    http://www.google.com/search?q=3 times 2
    to check this out.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 16, 2007
  5. dorayme

    Sid Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:59:04 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> wrote:

    : Scripsit Sid:
    : >> since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
    : >> math book.
    : >
    : > You still use books? We Google everything here... :)
    :
    : Oh, "in my math book" was just a façon de parler, a variant of "in my book",
    : which seldom means a real book these days. Of course I actually said
    : http://www.google.com/search?q=3 times 2
    : to check this out.

    ROFL!

    Sid
    Sid, Sep 16, 2007
  6. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <aX3Hi.224162$>,
    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:

    > Scripsit dorayme:
    >
    > > table {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;width:
    > > 9em;height: 9em;}
    > >
    > > td {width:2em; height:2em;border:1px solid
    > > black;text-align:center;}

    > there is some miscalculation, since 3 times 2em makes 6em and not 9em in my
    > math book.

    Yes, I was fiddling about when looking at this (I see various
    table faults now and again on Sudoku sites) and changed my mind
    about things and gave 2em to give more space to the tds without
    going back to change <table> I think this simply over-rode the
    table width spec on that occasion...

    Never mind, it is Monday morning and time for serious work now...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 16, 2007
  7. Travis Newbury, Sep 17, 2007
  8. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Sep 15, 11:53 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > What did the author do to go wrong in
    > > http://www.sadmansoftware.com/sudoku/technique6.htm

    > He/she didn't use flash. (Assuming they want it square all the time)

    And there was I thinking Flash was a way of not being so square?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 17, 2007
  9. dorayme

    Guest

    If you want to try out something new in sudoku, try shendoku, using
    the sudoku rules but playing two people, one against the other, like
    battleshipps. They have a free version to download at http://www.shendoku.com/sample.pdf
    .. Anything else they are bringing out or they are working on you can
    find at www.shendoku.com or at they´r blog www.shendoku.blogspot.com .
    Have fun, I am. I specially like one slogan I heard about Shendoku:
    SUDOKU is like masturbation (on your own).... SHENDOKU is like sex (it
    takes two).
    , Sep 23, 2007
  10. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > If you want to try out something new in sudoku

    I don't. Nor do I want to try chess with funny pieces or more
    squares or more dimensions.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 23, 2007