    John Guest

    When my www page reloads it loads a dataset of several thousand items.

    When user reloads/repaints the page what is preferred way to keep the dataset?

    John, Oct 3, 2012

  2. John

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    On 2012-10-03 09:36, John wrote:

    > When my www page reloads it loads a dataset of several thousand items.
    >
    > When user reloads/repaints the page what is preferred way to keep the dataset?

    Have a look at memcached.

    --
    Ruud

    Dr.Ruud, Oct 3, 2012

  3. On 10/03/2012 12:36 AM, John wrote:
    > When my www page reloads it loads a dataset of several thousand items.

    Why?

    > When user reloads/repaints the page what is preferred way to keep the dataset?

    I don't know what it means to "repaint" the screen. That sounds like
    something which is entirely the web browser's concern, so I'd probably
    avoid sticking my nose into it.

    Why would they be reloading the page if they wanted to have the same
    several thousand items after the reload as before? Maybe you can use
    frames to separate the things that change upon reloading from those that
    don't.

    Xho

    Xho Jingleheimerschmidt, Oct 4, 2012