How to keep datasets between page reloads

John

When my www page reloads it loads a dataset of several thousand items.

When user reloads/repaints the page what is preferred way to keep the dataset?

Dr.Ruud

When my www page reloads it loads a dataset of several thousand items.

When user reloads/repaints the page what is preferred way to keep the dataset?

Have a look at memcached.

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

When my www page reloads it loads a dataset of several thousand items.
Why?

When user reloads/repaints the page what is preferred way to keep the dataset?

I don't know what it means to "repaint" the screen. That sounds like
something which is entirely the web browser's concern, so I'd probably
avoid sticking my nose into it.

Why would they be reloading the page if they wanted to have the same
several thousand items after the reload as before? Maybe you can use
frames to separate the things that change upon reloading from those that
don't.

Xho