How to keep Documentation close to the Method using POD?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ilias Lazaridis, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. I've written some perl modules.

    I've documented the methods mostly in that way:

    {{{
    #!perl
    sub methodName { my ($parm1, $param2) = @_;
    # Short one line description of what this method does
    }}}

    How can I reuse this whilst using POD? e.g. with a tag of the kind

    {{{
    #!perl
    sub methodName { my ($parm1, $param2) = @_;
    =func Short one line description of what this method does
    }}}

    It looks like POD needs to have the documentation all at one point.

    Can I use POD with the requirement "Keep documentation close to the
    documented Entity (Module, Method, Parameter, ...)"?

    http://dev.lazaridis.com/lang/ticket/12

    ..
    Ilias Lazaridis, Jun 8, 2007

  2. On Jun 8, 1:45 pm, Ilias Lazaridis <> wrote:

    > #!perl
    > sub methodName { my ($parm1, $param2) = @_;
    > =func Short one line description of what this method does
    >
    > }}}

    I've found this perl module, which seems to have the flexibility to
    handle cases like the above:

    http://perl.overmeer.net/oodoc/

    has anyone experiences with OODoc?

    ..