How to keep QueryString-values?

Ragnar Heil

Hi,

to change the colors of a forum I am using
request.querystring("cellcolor"). That works fine for my default.asp.
Now I click on a topic and it links to topic.asp where the values of
the query string are gone.

Which approach would you recommend? How can I store the values?
The general idea is that I have got 5 main-navigation-links which
point to 5 different forums, each with separate colors. So the query
string can be hardcode in the HREF, but should remain if you click
further in each forum

regards
Ragnar

Rob Meade

to change the colors of a forum I am using
request.querystring("cellcolor"). That works fine for my default.asp.
Now I click on a topic and it links to topic.asp where the values of
the query string are gone.

You would have to include the cellcolor on 'every' hyperlink to pass it
around that way....
Which approach would you recommend?

Not that one to be honest, primarily because people could just type over it
and change it to something else (unless thats what you want).
How can I store the values?

Depends a bit on the scope of the app I guess, you could use a cookie, a
session variable to store it,
The general idea is that I have got 5 main-navigation-links which
point to 5 different forums, each with separate colors.

Why not use a 'style' for each one, use CSS for each forum, then you dont
need to specify the colour in the querystring at all, as soon as they arrive
it'll be the right colour, and using CSS you'd be able to change the colours
of the forums with only a couple of minor changes to your stylesheet.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rob