    further in each forum

    regards
    Ragnar
    Ragnar Heil, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Ragnar Heil

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Ragnar Heil" wrote ...

    > to change the colors of a forum I am using
    > request.querystring("cellcolor"). That works fine for my default.asp.
    > Now I click on a topic and it links to topic.asp where the values of
    > the query string are gone.

    You would have to include the cellcolor on 'every' hyperlink to pass it
    around that way....

    > Which approach would you recommend?

    Not that one to be honest, primarily because people could just type over it
    and change it to something else (unless thats what you want).

    > How can I store the values?

    Depends a bit on the scope of the app I guess, you could use a cookie, a
    session variable to store it,

    > The general idea is that I have got 5 main-navigation-links which
    > point to 5 different forums, each with separate colors.

    Why not use a 'style' for each one, use CSS for each forum, then you dont
    need to specify the colour in the querystring at all, as soon as they arrive
    it'll be the right colour, and using CSS you'd be able to change the colours
    of the forums with only a couple of minor changes to your stylesheet.

    Hope this helps

    Regards

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Ragnar Heil

    Bullschmidt Guest

    You could store the values in session variables.

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Feb 10, 2004