    bbenham Guest

    Newbie question.. I want my web service to stay resident and never shut down, or at least have a long timeout period before it does. What settings can I make to have this happen?

    If I can make it run forever, is there some sort of command I can issue to it to tell it to shut-down

    bbenham, Feb 25, 2004

  2. bbenham

    Silan Guest

    Assuming your web service is hosted by IIS - in other words you are running it on Windows Server or XP or 2000 - once it is runnable it is always runnable. To shut it down, go to “Control Panel†| “Administrative tools†| “Internet Information Services†| “Web sites†| “Default web sites†| right-click the web site | “Properties†, in "Execute Permissions" drop-down list, choose "None".

    Silan, Feb 26, 2004